Wednesday 16 May 2012

Little Blue Stool....

I spent so long looking for a little stool to go in the corner of my ktichen.
I have a coal skuttle which I painted in farrow and ball off white, the same colour as my kitchen table legs, and I keep it filled with white roses. It was a bit lost on the floor next to the table, so I wanted something to elevate it so they could be appreciated more.
Finally after weeks of searching I came across this...

Stool (Before)

It was perfect because the legs didnt span too far and would fit snuggly in the space I had for it!
It was perfectly cute as it was, but on the same day I had aquired a small sample pot of The Paint & Paper Library paint in Blue Charm....which I was dying to try on something!
I sanded down the legs and top, but only painted the legs and gave the seat a couple coats of beeswax. I love the smell of beeswax so love to regularly top up my kitchen table chairs and now this little stool with a fresh coat!

Stool (After)

The blue came out much 'bluer' than I was expecting but I love it and next to my pale green and off white kitchen furniture it really pops! Its amazing what a few coats of paint can do to give a new lease of life to an otherwise unremarkable peice of furniture!
From now on I've made a vow to start doing proper photos of my little projects.....these are always just last minute shots I just take on my iphone. I need to get my photography hat on and start taking photos that do the furniture justice!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I posted comments on your Facebook page about my experience with a blue stool.

    ReplyDelete