Wednesday 16 May 2012

Spice Rack

There is nothing I enojy more on the weekend than a good old fashioned car boot sale! Its amazing what you can pick up for a couple of pounds!

'One mans junk, is another mans treasure'

These are some of the things I picked up last weekend!


A gorgeous vintage step ladder which will go in my garden and be a new home for all my plant pots, the little pine stool, a couple of cute wooden wall hanging shelving units and a wicker basket! And probably my luckiest find....18 different coloured sample pots of Farrow & Ball paint!
One of last weekends car boot purchases was this litte shelving unit...presumably built for use as a spice rack which is what I intend to use it for! It has a cute little swag detail across the top and bottom. Sorry about the dark photo..this was done before my resoloution to take nicer better lit photos!

Spice Rack (Before)

I already had a nice wooden spice rack, but it was tall and thin and I quickly filled it up and was having to put some spices etc next to it as there was no more room. Ill probably do something with the old one havent decided what yet!

Once I have given the spice rack a few coats of Farrow & Ball Tallow No.203 Estate Emulsion paint. It was transformed...it fit perfectly in the space I was thinking for it...and all my herbs and spice jars fit on it perfectly!

Spice Rack (After)

I love wood in its natural form, lots of the things in my kitchen are left as natural wood and just given a coat of beeswax...but sometimes, if you have too much wood, it just looks dull and dark...so painting things a nice shade of white or a pale green or blue can really brighten them up and make them sparkle!






No comments:

Post a Comment